The following criteria for the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Scholarship will be applicable:
APPLICATION – General Instructions
- Applicant must be a graduating Senior at a DoDDS High School located in Germany
- Application packet must be complete and typed
- Application must be RECEIVED BY the deadline: February 08, 2019
- If awarded a scholarship Applicant must be present at the award ceremony to accept his/her scholarship award.
- Applicant must attend an accredited institution of higher education, beginning in the fall of 2019.
- The two-page Germany Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Scholarship Application
- Personal Data Sheet (Extra-curricular & Community Activities/Awards & Honors)
- An Official High School Transcript which includes first semester grades of the Senior year (must be signed by an official authority)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (*1 Teacher or Administrator; AND *1 Community Service or Work Experience) Please note* ONLY one from each category.
- ESSAY – One type written page, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font.
ESSAY Question: The lesson we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you and what did you learn from it?
6. Submit a recent portrait size (5×7) color photograph of self. Applicant’s name should be printed on the back of the photo (No proofs, cell phone, personality or scanned photos).
BASIS OF AWARD:
Nominees will be rated on:
- Academic Achievement
- Leadership Ability
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Community Service
- Educational Goals/Career Plans
COMPLETE AND RETURN TO: Angelia Devezin, PSC 10 Box 1398, APO, AE 09142
DEADLINE: February 08, 2019